Photo Credit: Drew Pertl
Note: If you are using Internet Explorer and attempting to make an online donation, please switch to another modern browser such as Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome. If you are still experiencing a technical difficulty, please contact the CFFRV offices at 630-896-7800.
Leave a lasting legacy in a city that celebrates its heritage and those who help distinguish St. Charles as “The Pride of the Fox.”
For 185 years, St. Charles has offered an idyllic life along the banks of the Fox River. Whether you live here, are visiting, or have a business in St. Charles, you can feel the energy of the city and will be drawn to its inviting sense of community.
The St. Charles Initiative offers a unique way to give back and be a part of the spirit of shaping St. Charles by moving important community projects forward.
About the St. Charles Initiative
The St. Charles Initiative is a new partnership between the City of St. Charles and the Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley formed to support public projects in St. Charles. This public-private partnership provides funding through donations and endowments, as an alternative to tax-based financing sources.
Led by an independent advisory committee of St. Charles community leaders and residents, the St. Charles Initiative offers a new approach to help fund capital projects, programs and other improvements.
Proposed Programs and Projects
The St. Charles Initiative connects donors to projects aimed at enhancing the quality of life in St. Charles. You can find a project that fits your passion. All donations stay local.
- 1st Street East Plaza – This brick-paved pedestrian plaza will sit across 1st Street from its sister plaza to the west. It will offer additional community gathering space and engaging public art. The East Plaza also will be accessible from the bi-level riverwalk along the west bank of the Fox River.
- America in Bloom – St. Charles – A collaborative community effort to improve St. Charles through landscaping, environmental, and heritage preservation initiatives. The organization enters St. Charles in the America in Bloom national program each year. St. Charles took home top honors twice, winning its population category in 2017 and 2018.
- General Donation – To be applied to projects or programs as identified by the St. Charles Initiative.
There are several giving opportunities that are both suitable to donor wishes and provide tax benefits that fit your financial goals. We are happy to help identify giving options that work best for you and your family.
- IRAs and Other Qualified Retirement Plans
- Bequests through a Will
- Distributions from a Living Trust
- Real Estate
- Life Insurance
- Charitable Gift Annuities
- Charitable Lead and Remainder Trusts
- Private Foundation Grants
- Gift Annuity