The family of Malcolm and Lydia Jones created an endowment fund to support need-based scholarships for children attending the Lydia J. & Malcolm L. Jones Child Care Center operated by the YWCA Aurora.
In 2010, the YWCA sold its building to the City of Aurora. The facility was subsequently torn down.
The Jones Child Care Center Fund now supports other local child care centers in the name of Lydia and Malcolm Jones.
Lydia Jones (1911-1986) was a longtime supporter of the YWCA, serving on the organization’s board of directors for thirty-nine years and also as its president.
Malcolm Jones (1904-1998) was a trustee of the YWCA for many years and was instrumental in the successful fundraising campaign for the new YWCA facility which opened in 1984.