Community Foundation of the Fox River Valley
(630) 896-7800

info@cffrv.org

CABE Endowment Fund

Established 2001

St. Joseph Catholic Church

St. Joseph Catholic Church

Our Savior Lutheran Church

Our Savior Lutheran Church

The CABE Endowment Fund provides annual distributions of income to St. Joseph Catholic Church and Our Savior Lutheran Church.

The fund was established by a generous donor who wishes to remain anonymous.

St. Joseph Catholic Church was formed in 1898 by several members of St. Nicholas Catholic Church who were seeking to build a church closer to their homes.

The first Mass was celebrated in the new structure in October 1899.  In November 1899, St. Joseph School opened on the first floor of the church.

As the parish grew, plans were made for the construction of a new church.  The first Mass in the present church was held in March 1956. The church is located on High Street in Aurora.

Our Savior Lutheran Church was organized in 1935 by several families from St. Paul’s Lutheran Church who recognized the need for a Lutheran Church on the west side of Aurora.

Services were held at the Healy Chapel on Downer Place until a new church building was constructed.

Groundbreaking for the church was held on Easter Sunday in 1942.  The structure was completed in November 1942.

The sanctuary was expanded in 1959 to accommodate the increased membership. The church is located on West Downer Place in Aurora.

(630) 896-7800

info@cffrv.org