Dr. William H. Blackburn (1917-1985) practiced medicine at Dreyer Medical Clinic from 1942 until 1985. He was president of the clinic and also served as Chief of Staff at Copley Memorial Hospital and St. Joseph Mercy Hospital.
He maintained memberships in numerous professional and civic organizations. He was president of the Greater Aurora Chamber of Commerce, a director of the Illinois State Chamber of Commerce, and founding board member of the First American Bank and the Bank of Boulder Hill.
Scholarships from Dr. Blackburn’s fund are reserved for graduate level students studying in the field of medicine.
The fund was created in 1985 and established as an endowment in 1998.